Your veterinary practice should be on facebook. As a veterinary practice owner, being able to reach even a portion of your local audience on facebook can be susbstantial. It is also very easy to reach out and stay in front of your clients and potential clients. Below are seven reasons why your veterinary practice should be on Facebook:
7 Reasons Your Veterinary Practice Should Be On Facebook
1) Content Is Easy: Advertisers have known for years that the best way to attract people is with kids and animals. People love animals and love talking about them. Your veterinary practice should be on Facebook because it can can provide the perfect forum for locals talking about pets and animals. Post photos of cute or interesting pets that come through your clinic, post pictures of your pets and tell a short story about each, Do the same for your employees. It is good to let your clients know how much you and your staff love and enjoy their pets. Most veterinary clinics have a bulletin board in their waiting rooms that is loaded with good content for Facebook, such as lost pet notices, new litters, local pet events and more.
2) Customers: Facebook is a very good way to reach local people and make them your customers. By building a Facebook presence for your practice, you have a direct line to them. What’s that worth to you? Staying in front of your clients is another reason why your veterinary practice should be on Facebook.
3) Immediate Feedback: That direct line to your customers is also a fantastic tool for receiving real-time feedback. What do they like or dislike about your services? You can find out quickly with a Facebook business page. Perhaps you have a limited-time special offer such as a “Pet Dental Month”. Push it out through your Facebook business page and watch the responses come in.
4) Competition: If you have a page for your business, or you’re thinking about building one, your competitors are probably doing the same. You don’t want your practice to be the one that gets left out of the discussion. Building a Facebook page for your practice is not only a necessity, but also a form of self-preservation.
5) Search Engine Optimization: You want your customers to be able to find your practice online as easily as possible. An active Facebook page helps to ensure that search engines like Google and Bing – the tools used most frequently for online searches – can find you and index you in their monster databases. Your veterinary practice should be on Facebook because your business page can show up well on the search engines often achieving a higher rank than your website.
6) Cross-Promotion: Facebook is one part of the puzzle. To build your company’s social media presence, you need, at a minimum, to also have a blog. It wouldn’t hurt to also be active on Twitter. All of these pieces work together. Write a blog and post it on your Facebook business page. Tweet about a contest running on your Facebook business page. The multiple opportunities are what make social media so powerful. Facebook is essential. At Veterinary Marketing Done For You we can do it for you.
7) Facebook Ads: Thousands of people with 5 to 10 miles of your practice are on Facebook. Target them with an ad. Facebook ads are a simple, and relatively cheap, way to attract customers. You can target by age, sex, interests and location. But you don’t have access to them without a page. Another reason why your veterinary practice should be on Facebook.
Your Veterinary Practice Should Be on Facebook and More
Does your veterinary practice have a Facebook business page? If so, how are you using it? If not, what’s keeping you from getting one started today?
At Veterinary Marketing Done For You, Facebook and social media are just a part of an overall veterinary marketing system created to dominate your local area. We work exclusively with only one client per city. Call us today at 800-541-9136 and see if your city is still available.
Your veterinary practice should be on facebook